In this video by artist Nolan Clark a very clear and concise understanding of the color wheel are delivered. These include;
1) The components of color (Hue, Value and Chroma)
2) How your eye sees color, including how to mix black
3) Primary and secondary colors that make up the color wheel
4) How to use the color wheel to match a paint color.
5) The color mixing rules that are used to mix highlight and shadow colors
6) How to create a dimension / depth in your paintings using the color mixing rules.
Very thorough and will leave you with a firm understanding of the color wheel.